Thursday, December 20, 2007

Hurray for Modern Technology!

I'd like to give a big kiss and lots of prestigious awards to the culinary angel who developed "slice and bake" cookies because there would have been very little holiday merriment at my 3 DDs school on this last day before winter break. But after a full day of work and even more endless shopping, the last thing this tired mama was able to handle was making four different kinds of cookies from scratch. 
But with the help of three little refrigerated tubes of sticky, sweet dough, I was able to wrap the gifts, spend some time with the girls
and bake and sprinkle all the cookies we needed (plus some for the office) and still get to bed before midnight. Thank you Betty Crocker, the Pillsbury
Doughboy, or more likely Erma Bombeck, or whoever came up with this saving one mother's mind at a time in the dairy section of my favorite grocery store

One more day of work before my PAID vacation begins. How sweet it is!

No comments: