Monday, December 31, 2007

Last day of 2007 and Turning 49


I turned 49 years old two days ago. For my birthday, I was treated to a gluten and wheat-free breakfast in bed, presents from my three DDs and DH that include a shiny red Seattle's Best Coffee travel mug, a Denver Nuggets basketball cap, a Colorado Rockies National League Championship sweatshirt and my own copy of Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. 
The Nuggets cap was a true act of transformation because prior to my birthday, the giver of the cap, one of our twins, refused to acknowledge that the Denver Nuggets even existed, out of some amazing loyalty to the Rockies. Go figure. 

The sweatshirt had to be returned because it was too small and that led to a drama of its own since Sports Authority didn't have any that fit me and I had to exchange the too small one for a pink Colorado Rockies sports fleece. A year ago this would have been the most wonderful thing in the world, but now that we are in our post-Pink stage, the replacement was met with lots of tears, but finally accepted because Mama really really likes it!

I cannot say enough about how much I love Eat Pray Love. I had borrowed a friend's copy and promptly devoured it, getting lost in the winding streets of Rome, breathing through the Ashram in India and falling in love with EG's Brazilian lover in Bali and truthfully, I thought about dropping it in the bathtub or worse, the toilet, in order to not have to return it. But my dear friend is a writer, a traveler and a really good person, so I decided to not take on that literary karma and sadly returned it. If you haven't read it, do so immediately. 

My coffee mug - chosen by my oldest DH - is a deep cherry red and will always be filled with something caffeinated (except if it has bubbles). 

To top it off, I still get flowers every birthday from my parents - how gorgeous is that? 

As for turning 49, what can I say? It's a splendid place to be. 

P.S. Above photo is me on a sled going down a hill really fast. Happy New Year from Colorado!

No comments: